Academic Support Officer
SAE Institute, London campus, Haggerston E8
Permanent: Part-time, 24 hours per week
Up to £27,000 (depending on experience)
Established in 1976, SAE spans the globe with over 50 campuses in 23 countries and delivers world-class education to over 12,000 students in state-of-the-art creative facilities.
We are looking for an experienced Academic Support Officer to be a key, visible member of the Student Support team to provide additional student learning support within the London campus, from induction through to graduation. Meeting with students individually, as groups or workshops, creating and maintaining support plans, working closely with faculty to determine appropriate strategies which support improved and inclusive student learning and outcomes. The aim is to help with the educational transition into, through and out of study at SAE, encouraging them to be independent, successful learners and become career ready.
The role is part of the student support team, which ensures successful student progression, retention, qualification completion and student satisfaction, providing additional academic, pastoral and wellbeing support to students to build resilience, whilst balancing the demands of study, lifestyle and other commitments.
- Review and assess student applications and ongoing for diagnosed and undiagnosed academic learning needs to create and maintain support plans, identifying and communicating reasonable adjustments, if required.
- Work with the student and faculty to design strategies that can be used to ensure neurodiversity is fully supported and understood.
- Provide academic and learning support and mentoring to increase attainment and engagement via interactive workshops and tutorials which promote, encourage and enhances independent learning and study skills.
- Review learning progress and actively contribute in meetings with faculty staff, with feedback and concerns shared on attendance and progress.
- Streamline and develop processes for identifying under-performing, disengaged, at-risk students, prioritising those students who require immediate guidance and support and provide interventions.
- Supporting activities and engagement events which create a positive student community, enhance learner experience, the reputation of SAE within industry and generates positive word of mouth
- Participate in events such as induction, enrolment, open days, including recruiting and training student reps
- Provide careers support information
- Qualifications and experience in working with students in a learning support/ academic support role, both for general and specialist learning needs.
- Understanding of neurodiversity and the strategies that can support students
- Ability to work on own initiative and remain calm in emergency situations
- Inspiring, motivating, personable, confident, approachable and professional personality which delivers a responsive and supportive positive experience for our staff and students
- Empathetic and discreet, understands confidentiality and privacy in respect to personal data and information
- Professional appearance and outstanding customer service
- Strong administrative and verbal /written communication; organised, systems oriented with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands
- Must have rights to work in the UK and live within commutable distance to London (Haggerston) campus
- Specialist learning support experience
- Experience of working within Careers advice and Guidance
- An understanding of HE and regulatory bodies, i.e. Office for Students (OfS), HESA, DSA
Please note that this role is fully based on Campus, unless Government and Department of Education restrictions apply.