Games Programming Lecturer
Full-time, permanent, 40 hours per week
Competitive Salary Available
SAE Institute is part of the Navitas Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programmes and workforce education.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and engaging educator to teach games programming modules and common content in our higher education programmes. The ability to supervise and guide students through individualised final projects at level 5 and 6 is especially desirable.
• Facilitating engaging learning through a variety of pedagogical methods.
• Planning students’ learning outcomes through lesson plans and deliverable course material.
• Timely marking of assessments, providing useful and on-going feedback to students.
• Pro-active involvement in Campus recruitment and outreach events throughout the year.
• Master’s degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education/HEA Membership, or significant industry experience, with demonstrable evidence of or willingness to compete appropriate professional development.
• Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials.
• Relevant industry experience in games programming/development pipeline and relevant software, specialisms including Unity or Unreal and C# or C++.
• Possess outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised and possess good time management skills.
• Demonstrated student service orientation.
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised, and possess good time management.
• Must have rights to work in the UK and live within commutable distance to the London campus in Haggerston.
• Specialisms including A.I., Game Optimisation, Mobile Development (Android &/or Swift), VR & AR.
• Proficient with other industry-standard equipment and software, including, Maya (or similar) ZBrush, Nuke.
• Proven ability to create and build on industry links.
• Experience in project-based learning, using flipped teaching techniques and other contemporary forms of facilitating learning.
• Experience in using technology in learning, including virtual learning platforms.
• Ability to teach across other disciplines, including common modules and from web, games, audio, etc.
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit any enquiries to Rob Finder, Programme Coordinator at SAE-HR@navitas.com. Please state Application: Games Programming Lecturer – London in the email title.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. No agencies please