Games Programming Lecturer
£28,000-£32,000 per annum; £8,400-£9,600 pro-rata
Part time, 12 hours per week available from Jan 2020
SAE is part of the Navitas Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, student recruitment and workforce education.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and engaging educator to teach Film modules and common content in SAE HE programmes. The ability to supervise and guide students through individualised final projects at level 6 is especially desirable.
• Facilitating learning through a variety of methods
• Planning students’ learning experience through lesson plans and deliverable course material
• Timely marking of assessments, providing useful and on-going feedback to students
• Engaging in recruitment and outreach events through the year
• Master’s degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education/HEA Membership (enroute to qualification with demonstrable evidence of satisfactory progress), and/or significant industry experience
• Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials
• Relevant industry experience and proficient with industry-standard equipment and software
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised, and possess good time management
• Experience in Games Design & Game Production on different platforms (i.e. console, mobile, VR), Unreal (Blueprints or C++), Agile approach
• Must have rights to live and work in the UK
• Ability to create and build on industry links
• Experience in Project Based Learning, Flipped Classroom and other contemporary forms of facilitating learning, using technology in learning, including Virtual Learning Environments
• Specialisms including Unity, C#, C++, A.I., Game Optimisation, Mobile Development (Android &/or Swift), VR & AR, Graphics Programming
• Ability to teach across other disciplines (including common modules and from Film, Games, Audio, etc.)
What we offer
SAE offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within SAE and Navitas and is an equal opportunity employer. Further information about us and this role, including a job description can be found on our website.
Please submit all enquiries and applications, (a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and CV) to Karsten Vermeulen, Games and Web Programme Coordinator at SAE-HR@navitas.com.
Please state Application: Games Lecturer, London in the email title.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. No agencies please