£24,000 per annum
Full time, 40 hours per week
Part time vacancy (20 hrs) available from Jan 2020
SAE is part of the Navitas Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, student recruitment and workforce education.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and engaging educator to teach Film modules and common content in SAE HE programmes. The ability to supervise and guide students through individualised final projects at level 6 is especially desirable.
• Facilitating learning through a variety of methods
• Planning students’ learning experience through lesson plans and deliverable course material
• Timely marking of assessments, providing useful and on-going feedback to students
• Engaging in recruitment and outreach events through the year
• Master’s degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education/HEA Membership (enroute to qualification with demonstrable evidence of satisfactory progress), and/or significant industry experience
• Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials
• Relevant industry experience and proficient with industry-standard equipment and software
• Knowledge of and practice in contemporary post production techniques and pipelines
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised, and possess good time management
• Knowledge and experience with DaVinci Resolve and Adobe CC Suite - primarily Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Media Encoder)
• Must have rights to live and work in the UK
• Ability to create and build on industry links;
• Experience in project-based learning, use of flip teaching and other contemporary forms of facilitated learning
• Experience in using technology in learning, including Virtual Learning Environments
• Ability and enthusiasm to teach across other disciplines (including common modules and VFX Animation)
• Experience with various camera, lighting and grip equipment
What we offer
SAE offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within SAE and Navitas and is an equal opportunity employer. Further information about us and this role, including a job description can be found on our website.
Applications should be submitted via a Cover Letter and CV.
Mid-day, 8 November, although interviews will commence, and a successful appointment may be made before this date.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. No agencies please